Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Fall, or the time where I:
- break out my wardrobe that consists of two brightly printed button-down blouses amongst a sea of nothing but black clothing
- wear my lone puffy vest over sweaters (because SWEATER WEATHER!!!!11!!!1!!!!)
- wear nothing but converse and skinnies (with the occasional sperry boat shoe thrown in)
- Relish in the fact that I can wear tights with skirts again
- EAT ALL THE PUMPKIN-FLAVORED THINGS! (because I’m such a basic bitch)
- Die a miserable, slow death due to allergies. As pretty as falling leaves are, I’m apparently SUPER allergic to them and it bums me out.
HAPPY 125th BIRTHDAY NINTENDO!
So Nintendo Co., LTD., known to most of us as just Nintendo, celebrates its 125th birthday as a company today. They company was founded on September 23, 1889 by Fusajiro Yamauchi. Of course, they didn’t get into the video game market until the late ’70s, but Nintendo was into gaming of a different sort for much longer than that. Originally they were the makers of hanafuda cards.
Here are five other facts about the company:
- Nintendo of America is also the majority owner of the Seattle Mariners Major League Baseball team.
- The name Nintendo can be roughly translated from Japanese to English as “leave luck to heaven.”
- One of its first electronic toys was the Love Tester in 1969.
- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of such icons as Mario, Donkey Kong and Link, joined Nintendo in 1977.
- Nintendo says it has sold more than 670 million hardware units over its history in the video game market.
What was the first Nintendo product/game you played?
Rocco Barocco mined Ancient Roman influences for his collection, which blended women’s and men’s designs. For More
Fact: 17% of all shark attacks are actually hedgehogs pretending to be said sharks.
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME PICTURE HUNTER TOOK OF ME.
He just got a roll of film developed today and this was on that roll.
Gushers sandwich with Fruit by the Foot as bread.
This is it. This is what I became an adult for. To be able to go down to the grocery store, buy a box of fruit by the foot and a box of gushers and make this and not have anyone tell me I can’t.